March 20, 2010

Magic Cookie Bars


I'm not really sure where I got this recipe but we just love it. It is the closest thing I have found to my granny' s Hello Dollies since I've become vegetarian. I have recently purchased Vegan Cookies and it has a recipe in it but I've yet to try it.

Magic Cookie Bars

1/3 cup firm tofu
1/3 cup soy milk
1/3 cup cane sugar
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 cup non-dairy margarine
3/4 cup vegan graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup vegan chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x8-inch baking pan with cooking spray. In a food processor, blend together the tofu, milk, sugar, and cornstarch until smooth. melt the margarine in the microwave and add to it the graham cracker crumbs and stir until thoroughly mixed. Pat the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of the pan evenly. Pour the tofu mixture over top the crust. Then sprinkle the nuts, coconut and chocolate chips over the top. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the coconut is lightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment