March 10, 2010

Riblet Hoggie


One night when I was reading through VegNews magazine I saw and advertisement for The Chicago Diner. It was the winner of the VegNews 2009 Veggie Award for favorite vegetarian restaurant, but what caught my attention was the yummy looking sandwich - my brain clicked - oh, yeah I can do that! Now it is a favorite of my family for meal time. This recipe makes 6 - 6 inch 100% Vegan sandwiches.

3 (10 ounce) packages of Morning Star Farms Hickory BBQ Riblets
1 (6 roll) package of hogie rolls or homemade
1 package shredded lettuce, torn lettuce, baby spinach leaves or mixed baby greens (your choice)
2 medium tomatoes, sliced
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
dill pickle slices (amount depends on your family's taste)

Prepare the riblets according to instructions on the package. Place the cooked riblet on the bottom bun with some of the sauce drizzled over it. Drizzle the remaining sauce on the top bun. Then simply stack the onion, pickles, lettuce and tomato, on top of the riblet. Then place the top bun on it. How much easier could a meal be!! I serve this with either oven fries, sweet potato fries or old fashioned potato salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment